After much consideration, responsibility for the organisation of the 2013 Worlds for France‚Äôs J/80 Class has been awarded to the city of Marseille and the project put forward by SIRIUS EVENEMENTS. The event will be held from 7 to 13 July.
The reasons behind this decision are numerous :
- A highly professional application which would suggest meticulous organisation both on the water and on shore;
- Very substantial involvement from the local authorities;
- A coherent and experienced management team;
- A site of international influence with easy access for both French and overseas competitors;
- A very real desire by local protagonists to use these Worlds as a springboard for the development of J/80 activity in the Mediterranean;
- A highly polished communications strategy.
- A fantastic site, with very promising weather statistics over the period in question;
Ultimately Marseille is a resolutely prestigious site which has been geared up for sailing for many years. Hosting the Louis Vuitton's Cup, the Tour de France √† la Voile and Grade 1 Match Racing, to name but a few such events, this year the city is also a host venue for the MOD70 series... Clearly Marseille is not just a place where you go to lap up the warm sunshine.
The event website will go online over the coming weeks, where you‚Äôll be able to peruse the first information regarding the 2013 Worlds.